Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ghost Hunters


There are an infinite number of universes existing side by side and through which our consciousnesses constantly pass. In these universes, all possibilities exist. You are alive in some, long dead in others, and never existed in still others. Many of our "ghosts" could indeed be visions of people going about their business in a parallel universe or another time -- or both. - PAUL F. ENO, Faces at the Window

A friend mentioned in passing that they had formed a new group to go ghost hunting. I have been involved with a few of those searches in the past - funny thing that. In retrospect, most of the houses I have lived in have their own ghosts but I never really considered that as exciting as investigating someone else's ghost.... and mostly because I didn't connect the dots until I was out of those houses ... even when one had me thinking I had somehow forgotten how to breathe while I slept because I kept waking up choking....

The ghost was trying to get my attention and it was easier to do when I was asleep. So I slept sitting slightly propped up then finally got the point when I woke up to hear myself making that aaauuuoooooooo noise that sounded like a ghost wail...he was trying to talk to me - through me. (This particular ghost was a guy who had committed suicide in the house prior to us moving in. No one mentioned that of course. I found out after I had more than a few odd experiences.)

But I still didn't get it. This was before I had any clue that I was sensitive or tuned in to ghosts. The ghosts/spirits/energies knew it and I was clueless. I shut it out as I had been doing all my life and learned when I was ready ... when I could overlook the need to be afraid ... because it eventually happened so frequently that I really didn't think about being scared.

Then again, I may have had different expectations of ghosts. They really aren't as obnoxious or lively as they've been portrayed by Hollywood. Most are just quietly sharing space with whomever calls the house home.

They remain unseen and unheard unless something out of the ordinary has taken place. It may be much more subtle but most houses have their own unique spirit energy. And if the occupant is not what they want...they can easily become more active...to keep the person from getting too comfortable in the space...and bringing someone else in who is more in sync. It isn't rocket science, just one of the lessons in living with Ghosts.
The photo is Christmas Ghost.

No comments: