Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Monday, April 23, 2007

Talking to Nightlights - Law of Attraction, Cover Copy

If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. Jim Rohn


Another step completed. The back cover copy for my book has been approved. I am curious to see how the Law of Attraction will work with this -

Talking to Nightlights - Channeling Energy and Awakening for Spiritual Insight

BACK COVER COPY

"When a nightlight speaks and only you can understand it, do you listen or pretend that your imagination is merely playing tricks? In this revitalizing spiritual guide, follow a woman’s inspirational journey and learn the power that can be harnessed by losing fear and suspending disbelief.

After witnessing her nightlight “talking” to her through a series of blinks, Wendy Garrett chose to defy logic and pay attention to the message. Her decision led her on a startling journey of self-discovery—a metamorphosis from an external and distant relationship with the source of life and the divine to a fully integrated awareness of the ever-present nature of all that is sacred and holy.


Divided into two sections, Talking to Nightlights explores Garrett’s coming to terms with being a channel for the force she calls “Energy” and reveals its hidden messages. But even more importantly, this revolutionary guide presents a new, expanded worldview on a more mystical level. By allowing ourselves to step back from what we perceive as reality and open our minds to the possibility of the unknown, our outlook upon the manifest world will be forever changed."



Even though I kept a journal and took notes, this story of a dramatic, life-changing spiritual encounter was so overwhelming it took me years to really get a grip on how to describe or flesh out the context and content of the events. It was in me, and when it first happened, I had no idea how I would be able to get it out. I only knew I had to try and I needed professional help because I was way too close to it.

I got the bones of the event out first. Then I went on with my life -- not in the old way ... I had changed. I had to rethink my reality. Life was not the same. My desires had shifted. I no longer had an interest in pursuing some of my life long goals! That was a wake-up call. Aside from wanting to improve my new found connection with spirit, I wasn't sure what I really wanted.

I let it cook for a few years, continuing to learn from the now ongoing encounters. I finally chose to forge ahead with a book company who specializes in helping self-publishers refine their material ... This story needed refining.

After the rewrites, edits, proofs, and all the work that goes into defining a beyond-description, life-changing, metaphysical event, someone else has a look. They assess it and then write the cover copy. With no idea what to expect, I was nervous and worried. The event was beyond belief - but it happened. Would it make sense? Was my story compelling enough to bring it to life - and - to make a good read?

Reading the book cover copy for the first time took my breath away. I sat down and gave thanks to all those who inspired me to keep trying. Someone understood what I was trying to say - and their words - gave life to mine.

The story will now go its own way to find those who may have had or are having a similar experience. I just had to get it out and on paper to set it free. I have.

And, from what I have heard ... it is a good read. Beyond that, I can tell you - it's a truly amazing life.

No comments: