Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Trust, Following your Heart, Intuition


Leap and the net will appear? How come no one ever mentions butterflies?? Because sometimes it happens so fast you don't have time to think about whether you have them.
... It's easy to step off the beaten path. The hardest part is staying off long enough to find your niche. I walked from a job when a - soon to be supervisor - came into my studio to club me into his/her mold during the middle of a news cast ... announced that I would need to - from that moment on - "lose your kickers and your smile".

Kickers are light feature stories placed - usually - at the end of a newscast. They were my signature. The smile was part of my "news with attitude" that I had insisted upon in writing before taking the job -- Want old school dead body count, fires and ambulance chases - get someone else?? I had enough of the other and was hired under that agreement. This promoted co-worker was so thrilled to be in charge - she/he had to do something to make an impact even before the job was official.

Caught off guard, I had to think for a moment. But it didn't take much effort. I knew with the nightlight experience that opportunities come when you are ready. Telling me to lose those two elements was my clue. The new mold ... out with Linda Ellerbee (real).... in with Les Nessman. (Phony - not to mention fictitious.) NO.

I smiled and said, "I am sorry. I am not the person for this job." Someone tells you to stop doing your job in your signature style and it's a sign things are going in another direction. Very clearly, I was going in another direction. To remind me of that, I had just written a piece for print media on how the one thing I couldn't live without was my smile. I was done. 2 weeks notice.

There was sputtering and stammering...the door closed. (Allegedly, for me to rethink. Conveniently, to evade any eavesdroppers.) The big bat had just connected -- with the person who swung it at me. The attitude of the person standing in front of me had taken a dramatic shift. Pleading and retreat now entered into the picture. Apparently, mine was not an anticipated response. Even though I really didn't like what was happening, I didn't take it personal. This was my test.

Another test was also in process. The enthusiastic - soon to be supervisor - also blindsided our boss who, with no prior knowledge of the on-air ambush, admonished the upstart and tap danced to try to talk me into staying. I couldn't. No bad or good. No regrets. It was the easiest and hardest thing I have done in my radio life ... walking away from a secure paycheck/hard ... walking away from someone on a power trip/easy. (The person did me a favor - we could not have worked together - that goofy mis-step gave me a heads up to get out before anything deteriorated beyond repair.) Testing my wings ... Scary ... and exhilarating.

The deciding factor: My heart wasn't in it and that changed everything. And even though it was scary at the time, I felt free. It felt like the right thing to do for everyone involved. The positions at the station were in flux. I too, needed to move on.

Finding a niche. That took longer. Freedom is a wonderful thing, but the choices can be overwhelming and responsibility for making those choices falls square upon me. Can't duck when there is no one else to point to. No one made me jump. The move forced me to take stock in the things I value and what I will and won't do for a job. However, my choice was a result of a solidified spiritual connection; and when that happened, it reinforced my sense that I could not investigate anything better while still caught up in the same old cycle. I announced that I was a channel -- and the investigation began.

"I have always felt that laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is and will last until the day when the game is called on account of darkness. In this world, a good time to laugh is any time you can." - Linda Ellerbee

No comments: