Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Fun in Inspiration


"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." - - Dale Carnegie

I put the feeder out to draw the finches. They came with a bonus: woodpeckers. Mom is on the perch and the baby sits/waits on a rung above.

I am working on adding a lake to the background. No time frame, just a visual aid.

There is a remarkable difference in how I approach my life after years of having been bent on attaining a certain position, position was more of a draw for me than the money factor...go figure. Then I found out there were more positions that I would love to have tried for had I known about them and wondered if I had set my sights too low.

I enjoyed most of what I did but, always, at the back of my mind, I wondered about my intuitive and psychic ability. It was there simmering and I had no idea what to do with it or how it fit into my life. I wanted to understand it and to use it somehow but I was afraid of it so I kept studying it.

Limitless Choices can be too much of a good thing. They were a great distraction and a good excuse to avoid making a choice.

The nightlight energy shifted everything. I chose to pursue that connection and reclaimed all that I shut out. I immersed myself in learning what worked for me. I finally incorporated the intuitive sense and psi ability as part of my life, a part that I have no desire to deny or to shut away again. It took a lot of energy to block all that stuff.

So when I look for jobs, I remember how much of my life I spent stifling that inner connection. I had health benefits but my spirit was suffocating and that was spiritually unhealthy. I didn't laugh as much.

Now I consider how much I will enjoy what I might be doing or how it might help me to enjoy more what I am already doing. My creative spirit is happy. I laugh a lot for no reason. To me, that is the primary health benefit. Next project: working to reclaim my art.

The art thing comes in handy because the common theme of all that we do is creating. Results of intuitive creations are too fuzzy to offer as proof that you actually did anything but art produces a visible output: evidence. And daily research for inspiration on the internet never fails to turn up something or someone I can learn from. I even found a watercolor blog. French Toast Girl. And now a break -- out with the dogs for coffee, they get a car ride, I get perspective.

What have I learned(and my guides have contributed to that learning): Follow your heart and don't look back. There will be plenty of time for review later...when you have done it all.

No comments: