Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Friday, June 1, 2007

Happy Accidents, Growth and Discovery on the Path

Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth. - Jules Verne


The same can be said about life. Anyone who hasn't made mistakes has never ventured outside their comfort zone. Mistakes force us to grow, expand, and evolve. We experience our humanity and uncover potential we may have missed if something had not caused us to trip.


But the most important discovery may be humility. Through humility we embrace compassion and learn to forgive ourselves and others. We live, love, and learn. Mistakes force us to reevaluate our notion of perfection.

Working on the copy for Talking to Nightlights to try and showcase what the book is about - I like what iUniverse provided and decide to condense their copy into a succinct pitch.

"An example of Contemporary Mysticism, this revitalizing spiritual guide follows a woman’s inspirational journey where we learn the power that can be harnessed by losing fear and suspending disbelief.

"In allowing ourselves to step back from what we perceive as reality and open our minds to the possibility of the unknown, our outlook upon the manifest world will be forever changed."


I have not hired a marketing person or a publicist but I am beginning to get some help with visibility in new ways. The guidance has been to allow myself to feel the pull and to sit tight to allow that to happen.

Sit tight!?! Can you imagine following that or trying to teach anyone who lacks patience the importance of trust in allowing the universe and your own internal guidance to put you where you need to be and that it is connecting the dots for you? It does not come easy. A lot of unlearning has to happen first.

I have learned through consciously following this path and working with my guides, that I can certainly do a lot of stuff specified by others as the correct recipe for doing what I want to get done and make myself dizzy in busy; or I can continue to do my work, crank out my jobs and projects, follow through when guided or prompted, turn over a few leaves I would not pursue because they aren't in the recipe of how it is supposed to work, and then end up where I had hoped minus all the wasted time and energy in the appearance of being busy. Less stress. More acceptance. More trust. More fun.


Once learned, you don't want to go back to listening to those who insist their way is the way or that you should do something/anything for the sake of appearance. You learn to accept bits and pieces of their wisdom while continuing to honor and trust your way. You develop boundaries and confidence in your inner wisdom.

When your inner wisdom tells you it is time to take a new approach, there is a reason. Often it is a nudge toward some form of catalyst that will help you to evolve. You will discover what that is for you. For me, I wrote a book about my experience of discovering a divine connection through a nightlight.

Now I am living that change in my life and enjoying the process of discovery. It is no longer about where I am going; it is about the joy of being here.

No comments: