Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Friday, July 13, 2007

Animal Spirit and Dreaming Life



“A dog wags its tail with its heart.” - Martin Buxbaum


It was the most amazing Dream. I let the dogs out to play but had forgotten where I was and that I needed to first check to see if there were any activities going on. There were. The farmhands were transferring cattle from pens.


I could not undo what I had done. The dogs were fine but now I had two gates open and the horses were coming in as the cattle straggled out. Not domestic horses, three beautiful wild foals approached me as I stood with open arms. I didn't intend to draw them to me, but to act as their protector to guide them to come into a pen to be safe from the dogs.


They greet me and shower me with warm muzzle kisses. I hear fireworks and the 1812 overture....(what?) The foals are similar to young fawns. I am caught in the moment and thinking there could be no greater paradise. And then it dissolves.


***

Gracie found the rabbits in the backyard. Hiding the nest is not an option. The site is 15 feet from the deck, in the center of a nice patch of open grass. She discovered the treasure and carried one tiny baby from the nest as I mowed the lawn. I stopped her, pointed at the nest and said "no". (She heard, "Not Today while I am looking.")


Two days later - when I left her out too long - she got all five bunnies, licked them thoroughly and scattered them across the yard. I intervened; told her they were not old enough to play, reconstructed the nest, made sure each was still breathing, and tucked them back in.
She observed the process from a far distance this time...as if she could not imagine WHO might have disturbed the bunnies. Obviously, she had been nowhere near them....

Crisis averted. The mom is still feeding them. However, Gracie's yard privileges are restricted until we wean our rabbits.
*After trying...and failing to rescue rabbits, I learned to consult the experts. Rabbit Info. Orphaned Bunnies.

No comments: