Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Neighborly Light - and a Ghostly Nudge

Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in. - Alan Alda

Sitting at the computer, writing as usual, when the desk side lamp did a new trick. There are 6 different colors of glass globes on that lamp and one decided to blink. I noticed but let it go. Then, it did it again. I apologized, said I wasn't sure what it wanted but I would take a break later and try to figure it out.

The one thing I did notice...of the colors it could have picked...it chose yellow: joy.

I did take a break...took some photos... and found a few surprises. Three distinct orbs - I see them as discs - in various places in the room. One, above my guardian angel statue, another seated beside a Winnie the Pooh pillow I had just brought home from an estate sale...where I did notice that the woman who died was very much a part of the event.

The third disc was directly beside/on the pole of the desk side lamp. I was uploading the photos and saying out loud, "I have a ghost. Gotcha!" thrilled to get an immediate result on film when the doorbell rang, and I jumped... that was a surprise.

Turns out, I got my answer about the source of the yellow light blinker from the person standing at my door with two yellow happy face glasses cradled in her hands.

She was next door, cleaning out her parents house to prepare it for sale when I noticed the glasses earlier in the week and offered to buy them. She said she was saving them to see what value they had and I backed off. I didn't know about her father's death until then, didn't know what value they might have - although I had two similar that I picked up for not much money at other sales.

My purpose was really just to make sure they didn't get thrown out as trash, as that looked like what might happen to the company of items in their little pile. I said that was fine and asked for a referral on the contractors she liked. I also felt guilty - that it might not have been the right thing to do - just asking for something like that. I usually don't do that but the words were out of my mouth before I even thought about it - because I liked them, so I left it at that.

Now, still cleaning and sorting through stuff, she handed them to me and told me her dad (who died a year ago) would have wanted them to go to someone who liked them. Prior to meeting her, I had no contact with her parents or any information about their situation. She told me of his penchant for reaching out to new people; always finding new friends, how light hearted he was and about his love of Snoopy cartoons. He also enjoyed drawing his own version of Snoopy. He and his wife were devoted to each other, married for over 60 years. Through his daughter, I met a wonderful person and a very loving family.

My new/very well used Snoopy book - fresh from that aforementioned estate sale... and a pile of sample cartoons from a book I agreed to add a quote for... were neatly stacked near my desk. Amazing!

No wonder he ventured across the street, still making connections. A loving spirit is always welcome. A visit, a gift...and maybe...a new friend. When we are too caught up to make our own connections, others can steer us in a new direction and, if necessary, provide incentive.

All we have to do is pay attention. They/Spirits know they can get to me through my lights. I just can't ignore a methodically blinking bulb.

Then again, that is how the whole thing started for me. Investgating a blinking nightlight made my life a lot less predictable and a whole lot more interesting.

No comments: