Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Following your Heart

The last thing I would ever wish to do is stomp on someone else's dream; and there have been times when I knew I was in contention with someone else who really, really wanted something that - for me - did not have the same value, other than a source of income. The passion just wasn't there for me, so I let go and stepped aside.

The problem - how to explain why I didn't want what appeared to be a very good opportunity(s) at the time, one that could certainly have improved my financial status and most likely sent me higher up the career ladder.

The best explanation I could offer was that my heart wasn't in it. I knew the result might be attractive but I didn't want to live on that path on the way to my result. I have had to let a few other things go, along with that result, but they had more to do with the external trappings.

The important stuff I have continued to explore, expand, and build upon. In the end, I learned it wasn't the job I wanted; I wanted a life.

"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

- Jack London

No comments: