Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Nature's Call - Hearing Animal Spirit


Scottish Percussionist Evelyn Glennie speaks of hearing through, not just the ear, the physical body. I believe we can hear through our heart - in ways too numerous to mention. And we can hear everything, including animals and pets.

I am wind, rain, snow, earth, sun, moon and stars. I am dolphin, eagle, lion, lizard and mouse. I am All-That-Is and I am no-thing. Chameleon am I. Those who believe see me. Those who don’t, see nothing.

The sources of Spirit are endless, and lessons are repeated in various forms to allow us to integrate our knowledge in the manner best suited to us as individuals. I look for symbols and signs and lessons in the moment.

I adopted my approach to life after what I now know was a vision quest to Sedona, Arizona. It came as a result of discovering the realm of Spirit and a calling that turned the world I thought I knew inside out, upside down and sideways in one fell swoop.

I packed my car and relocated to a place I had once visited. Petrified, I refused to let that stop me. I didn’t analyze it and went with my gut. In so doing, I shed the old me.

The experiences from my daily journal during that time speak to various forms of awakening, including the ability to connect with animal spirits. When we are willing to put forth the effort to listen, they offer a wonderful way to learn.

- Today, I made a new friend and found a lesson. A toad was swimming in the pool. He wanted nothing to do with me and swam away vigorously as I tried to liberate him from his death pond, but I persisted, fished him out with my giant hand, and then set him down less than two feet away from me. He stayed put.

I gently dropped a little water on the warm cement around him; and still, he sat.

I have no clue what prompted my water puddle maneuver. After all, he was a toad. I suspect I thought the hot cement might be painful. While it made no sense, it was at that moment that I “got it.” My action left him unperturbed. I suspected a possible lesson in the encounter, so I opened my mind to be receptive to whatever might be offered.

To my surprise, I could hear quite clearly. Toad said, “When someone offers to help you out of a pool you have put yourself into, accept the help. The lesson of the pool is to strengthen yourself by putting yourself in a confined space where you are required to exercise certain muscles to survive; but when the lesson is over and help arrives, move on. You will reemerge stronger in an environment with no limits.”

He continued, “I am not what I seem."

I asked why he did not hop off. His response was very matter of fact. He said, “I am toad and I am spirit sharing this opportunity to bond with another soul. I talk to those who will listen.”
I asked for permission to put my hand close – curious as to whether toad would touch me or jump away. I hoped he would touch me as proof that we were connecting. Toad said he would stay. I gently put my hand beside him – about two inches away – and then said, “Thank you.”
He stayed and I repositioned my hand to put the palm up, realizing then, that it was a good thing he had remained frozen. Any sudden movement would actually have startled me. How funny is that?

I returned the hand to the palm down position and toad remained motionless. The water spot now dry, as was toad, I asked if he would acknowledge me. He said he was toad after all and would respond as toad. Not really knowing what that meant, I lowered my head to get a closer look at him. All this time he had stayed very still, except for a couple of times when I saw his throat move. I asked, “Are you okay?”

Toad sat for a moment looking directly at me; then slowly and deliberately, he blinked his eyes three or four times, turned and hopped off. Thus, I had my acknowledgement from toad and an honor from Spirit.

As I watched him, my thoughts moved forward and I worried that I would not be open to animal messages after I left Sedona. Toad heard me as he hopped away to resume his meanderings. His answer was matter of fact. “It is not a thing you unlearn.” -

When I began working with Spirit, I used many tools to help give me clarity. To assist my connection with animal spirit, I chose Medicine Cards. Exhilarated by the experience with toad, I went home and drew four cards.

The Message:
Porcupine: Innocence. The power of faith and trust.
Turtle: Protection. Honor the creative source inside.
Raven: Magic: The void where all is known.
Crow: Keeper of the sacred law, being in two places at one time.

The lesson speaks to both the personal level and the big picture. We test ourselves in a physical vessel. It is possible that we may get assistance from unexpected sources, and we will be challenged to risk without fear, even to the point of immersion in what appears to be an impossible situation. When our lessons are over, we depart, once again, free to exist unconfined and unrestricted in Spirit.

In relocating to Sedona, I developed courage to face my fears. When that was integrated, I was free to move on. I did. A dream had a similar theme. On a flat boat, much like a barge, traveling a swift-flowing river, I see several people who are content to stay below in the waterlogged quarters. Not me. I grab a life jacket and charge upstairs to take hold of the rail on the upper deck by the captain. I will assist in the navigation of the ship.

The manifest world is a test of faith. Only when we lose fear and become totally immersed can we see through it into the world of love and simple abundance of which all beings are a part. We choose our roles.

In answering a call that came from within, I had to leave all of the attachments in the material world that kept me tied to my constricting beliefs and lifestyle. I had to get lost and develop new skills and abilities to help me think beyond my limits. Only then, could I find myself and rediscover my world. Nothing is as it seems.

Each day I awake and wonder: How will Spirit speak to me today? What lesson will help me on my path? What will make me laugh?

Sources of Spirit are endless. When one is ready, once can proceed with an open heart and discover that it is far from uncommon to hear Spirit in the voice of a toad.

No comments: