Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Musical Ghost at The Stanley Hotel

Believe and you will see.

I have had earlier opportunities to check out the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado and opted against it. Since I believe in and experience ghosts on a regular basis, I really didn't want or need to engage more on my vacation.

Ghosts and spirit energies are real for me, so I try not to intentionally go where I have not been invited. This time, for whatever reason, I had an invite; my guides suggested a visit. As such, it was up to me to make it happen, not knowing exactly what to expect or why I had to see the Stanley Hotel.

It may be that, with the constant presence of my nightlight energy, I don't question or doubt the existence of other awarenesses and life forms. Ghosts are a lot like people. They each have a certain role they are playing or duty they have agreed perform.

Some appreciate a bit of interest and polite acknowledgement but for the most part, they don't want to hang out to shoot the breeze...or jump through a circus of hoops to prove they exist. They exist without proof or any obligation to provide such.

When and if a ghost needs my help, they find me and that works perfectly well for me. Why the Stanley and why this time? Turns out it was the presence of a new (very much alive and breathing) tour guide who had just enough time and experience on the job to corroborate all of my impressions - impressions that started bubbling in full force from the minute we drove onto the property.

My guides told me - "We have a surprise for you." Ever the jovial companions, I have learned any reluctance or trepidation on my part only serves to amuse them even more, so I just go and see what they've arranged to help with my ongoing lessons in enlightenment.

I obliged them with a trip to the Stanley Hotel to meet a spirit they referred to as "The Singing Ghost." The music began the minute I entered the grounds (The guides were laughing and kept asking, "Can you hear us singing."). I walked - without knowing - directly to the music room, paused to admire the piano in the lobby area outside and felt drawn to the souvenir shop where I found someone I could question, who answered a lot of my questions and then directed me to (as it turns out) the person I was actually sent there to see. When I told that person I had a tremendous connection with someone who was incredibly musical and I heard and felt as if the ghost was humming, we were off. Our story is still unfolding.

For me, even though I have been doing this kind of thing overtly for over a decade, it is still embarrassing to ask the kind of questions I have to ask to corroborate my ghost impressions - but I can't get any information if I don't - so I just allow that I will find the right person and provide amusement for those who don't get it.

On this trip - I found the ghost, the right person, and a reason to go back. Once again, my guides managed to make the road to "enlightenment" fun.

Oh, and for an added incentive to do my homework, I woke up with a huge knot in my back the day of the trip. It made absolutely no sense. (However, I did suspect a connection.) The guides referred to it as the "monkey on your back." As soon as I made my engagement at the Stanley, the monkey went away.
The purpose of the trip:
My guides sent me to a place where I had no prior knowledge or sense of familiarity to connect my dots and remember what I "know" is always with me; I had to affirm me in yet another way. No matter how amazing and wonderful my encounters and abilities, I am still exploring, discovering and accepting who I am and what I do.

Never a dull moment in this world of light.

I also took my nightlight on this trip. More on that later...

No comments: