Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Becoming a Medium: David Baker

If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

My energy is flowing in many different directions as I incororate some readjustments to my work schedule and the various jobs I am pursuing. I have less time to dedicate to writing and now have to table a few things to let them cook...which may not be such a bad thing - as it forces me to pay more attention to what I am working on and include information I may have glossed over in the first effort.

In working on a piece for the American Chronicle, I include some of the writing from this blog and add content from a recent interview with a gifted medium whom I admire for his candid presentation.

I also find it fascinating that he works as a Sheriff's Deputy because I think that adds a wonderful piece to the puzzle and demonstrates the fact that mediumistic talents are not limited to a certain segment of the population. We all have intuitive abilities and learning how to enhance and use those is a matter of desire and effort. Not everyone will choose to be a medium but you can learn that there is more to life than what we see with our eyes.

For one who does the work, the payoff is in helping others reconnect with a loved one, and even more importantly, reexamine the entire issue of death.

Medium David Baker is an excellent example of someone who has lived a conventional life path, then shifted focus to hone his psychic skills and become adept at using his metaphysical gifts. He offers a unique perspective and a wonderful sense of humor.

In an interview on the Talking to Nightlights/Conscious Living talkcast, we spoke about his new book, The Spirit Garden: A Medium's Journey, and asked about an up close and personal encounter he had with the ghost of a young girl while touring Alcatraz. She touched him and left a very real impression: his fingers became ice cold.

At the time of the encounter, he says he didn't know enough to try to help her. Given what he has learned since, if the opportunity arose to connect with her again, he would try.

Each of us works our talent in a different way and some life paths bring unique challenges and or benefits as we learn to examine and expand our metaphysical abilities. David details in his book the many ways he worked to improve his senses and the people and teachers who most inspired his journey. David wrote about his learning process, the classes and the seminars that helped him to develop and expand his awareness as a medium and shares his feelings about those he was most inspired to learn from, including Doreen Virtue and James Van Praugh.

One of the synchronicities in my connection with David Baker, and most likely why I am drawn to his work; aside from the fact that he offers a wonderful guideline for anyone who believes they might have mediumistic abilities, he told me his next book will include some surprising information about energy. I like that.

More information about David Baker can be found on My Space and You Tube.

No comments: