Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Friday, February 26, 2010

Listening to guidance

~ Just because I didn’t do what you told me, doesn’t mean I wasn’t listening to you! — Hank Ketcham

Sometimes the questions I get answer for me why there are a few hurdles in making our spirit connections. In explaining how a guardian angel/spirit guide saved my life by telling me to "run", the question came: why did you trust it?

The questioner, who wasn't joking, implied that it wasn't wise to trust voices that lacked a physical body for method of delivery.

Why did I listen and then act upon what I heard? I had seconds to choose my reaction. I based it upon the urgency in the tone of the voice that lacked any visible sign of a body and assessing that the two able bodied, adult males I had just seen driving away might be stronger, and the area was isolated.

I chose to trust someone might be trying to help me. Running had no bad outcome: run=hide. Staying put had an uncertain outcome that would include a second encounter with the two males whom I had never seen before and did not know.

I ran (and my girlfriend) fast! And hid. Only then did I realize how right that voice had been. Within minutes, the two humans returned to scour the area my friend and I had just vacated. Proving they did not do what they implied in their brief conversation and had more interest in us than first telegraphed.

I can only imagine that some of those who listen and fail to act are not here to explain why they didn't trust their "voice".

In my case, the result of that encounter further cemented my trust in my "voices". And it is certainly okay for others not to understand. I can only say my way works for me. Each is here to find his own way.

Incidentally, neither one of us had felt threatened or sensed a problem with the guys. And telling my girlfriend afterward - when she asked how I could have known that we needed to run - only scared her more (afraid of me). She didn't hear the voice and only ran because I insisted. I would not take no for an answer.

No matter what one hears, the determining factor is the action.

No comments: