Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Saturday, December 18, 2010

First Canvas - Sold! Over the Rainbow



~ A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament. ~ Oscar Wilde

What I wrote when I first posted this in September of 2009 -

"I worried about the integrity of the pieces I had created and whether the form would hold as they were enlarged. Andy has been encouraging me to just keep going forward with it and not worry about the outcome. And for that I am so very grateful.
We took this piece as an experiment and the result was much more detailed than I had imagined. It gained a new depth and dimension when viewed upon the canvas. So - now back to creating and deciding what to focus on and show first. The colors are amazing.
As part of my spiritual awakening and the encounter with the nightlights, I now see so much more light around everything. It's also part of my dreaming at night!
For years, I struggled to find a way to bring it to life. Paint, pottery, collage, chalk, photography... 

As all such things happen, it was an accident... in working with a ghost photo, I found a unique process to try to refine what I was seeing and make it more tangible...
Funny how that process did the same thing for my art. A gift!
How wonderful it is to finally be able to work and capture my metaphysical, rainbow world in some manifest fashion." 

 What I wrote for the bio on the parchment paper that goes with this work to the new owner. Imagine my surprise in discovering the meaning of the name Iris: Rainbow. 

"Such an extraordinary delight to see the world through the eyes of love. This work marked a time for me of rebirth, renewal of spirit and joining to a soul mate. We kept seeing giant double rainbows. Only after completion did I see the underlying meaning in the symbols and why I was drawn to focus on them.

Iris means rainbow. Love is ablaze in vibrant color. Symbol of faith and communication, Iris is also the name of the Goddess considered to be the messenger of love.

Two White Topaz gemstones are symbolic of love, affection, purity (fidelity) and wisdom of the heart. In a moment of serendipity, they added themselves to the mix. My partner works with rocks and gems.

The hidden message in this is synchronicity – call it accident or opportunity – we are always in the right place at the right time. Those soul companions who are here to share our path show up when we are ready to embrace, reveal and mirror the treasure they have found within us. Two as One.

To engage love in all forms, we become reborn to the child within. May you share tenfold the beauty, joy and wonder this creation has inspired."

This creation came with no small challenge. 

Everything in my life had to be turned upside down
for me to see it was time to take the next leap - 
with no guarantee where or how I would land. 

My only ammunition was the spiritual commitment I had agreed to honor
and Trust in a Higher Power.

There are no accidents.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: