Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Evolution of soul - love and learn

 Life is an individual experience.
Only you know what you see.
Many see only what they know.
 ~ Talking To Nightlights



I have been here before - saying goodbye to a beloved pet companion. Even though I know death is not an end, the letting go is not getting any easier. The empty space in my physical world echos a concrete void of my loss.

How time flies! Rowdy was one of the triggers for the passage on transmigration of soul in my book Talking To Nightlights.

I had never even considered the prospect that we might try out a life as anything other than human - until the Energy - in trying to help me deal with my grief, introduced me to a new view of the path our souls can take. Soul is soul: the package may vary.

Interestingly enough, tonight is the night I decided to finish the book I started a couple of months ago - The Art of Racing in the Rain. The dog tells the story and it is his wish, when he is done with his life, to come back as a human. It had an ending I hadn't expected; one I believe in. 

Along with our dog Gracie, we took Rowdy and Chloe, my other cat, on vacation with us in November, a move that helped to keep his health stable as he began his gradual physical down-slide. I am now so very grateful that worked out for us. It was a trip we all enjoyed.

In the final weeks, Rowdy had good days and so-so days. He battled IBS. We found some food combinations worked better than others but there was no perfect solution. One truth he confided made me feel a bit guilty. He said I paid more attention to him if he was sick. He had a point.

Unlike previous pets who allowed and/or required me to help them transition through euthanasia, Rowdy wanted no help. He maintained his composure and ability to function until the final hours. To the point of telling me to give him space. In no uncertain terms, the words were clear. "Leave me alone. I need to do this."

Painful - hearing that. I can imagine it was just as painful for him to push me away. The amazing thing is, until the final hours, I had no idea the strength of his will power and how incredible a being he truly was/is.

In the early moments after his passing, I found myself pleading with him - just one more breath - and the guidance came: "Now you know why you could not be present for his transition." It hit me then how much I had been attached and, indeed, holding him back. He chose to undergo a conscious death. In so doing, he was impeccable. 

What is different this time is that my pain has eased much more quickly and I am feeling contact from him. Our agreement is different than any I have had with my other pets. I am now looking forward to seeing what this might be like. I can't say for sure - but I suspect he has a few surprises - as when I tried to check in earlier and was told a certain time to honor - because...he was busy. That made me smile.

A small comfort in a way, knowing our pets have stuff to do elsewhere when their stuff here is done. They are very much like us; learning, growing and evolving. And that might be why they forgive us when we require lifetimes of lessons in learning how to be better human beings/spirit companions/souls. The love never dies. 

Rowdy stayed present as his health deteriorated and he began spending more time gazing at my nightlights. I wasn't quite sure what to make of that except to know that we are spirit and whatever the Energy can convey to me - Rowdy might be aware of. It seemed to be - as it is with me - reassurance and caring. I suspect there may have been some instruction as well but that information was blocked from me.

Subdued in the days directly prior to his transition, the nightlights became very active after Rowdy passed. In counter to my crying, the lights offered a tiny, blinky-blink celebration, trying to let me know once again everything is alright. We are not the body. We are so much more. As are our pets.


Rowdy is (at home in the) Light.

No comments: