Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Coffeehouse Art Cameo - at The Roasterie Cafe

~ From wonder into wonder existence opens. - Lao Tzu 

This world of interactive nightlights is entertaining and challenging, and not without questions about what it means or does it really mean anything. There have been some wonderful opportunities for me as I let go of what I thought I should be doing and allowed myself to feel pulled or called and then simply (or not so simply) drift into what I wanted to do.

With that nightlight thing staring me in the face, it was clear my "reality" didn't match that of anyone else I knew or, for that matter, anyone I know. Wonder and Mystery are a constant cameo in my daily life. Why? I believe I asked for something to make life interesting this time around and remind me we carry our home with us wherever we are. We are light. How could I remember that? A visual aid. And so it does.

The story of how everything opened up and the metaphysical element of my world evolved is just part of that contract. There was a bit of regret that it took me so long to release some of my old assumptions of "reality" and what was keeping me from pursuing things I loved and projects that generated passion. The one and only thing standing in my way: me.

One of the best things about embracing the journey with The Energy/the nightlight was shifting my life to restore balance and create room for play. I rediscovered the joy of art. The output keeps changing as I explore more styles and experiment with color but I need breaks to open the door to new perspectives and fresh ideas. Art creates a perfect stepping stone. I also enjoy having another channel of expression, adding light to life. ;)

Wendy's Coffeehouse Art update: Am working on some new pieces and enjoying exposure at a local coffeehouse. Some of my work is up at The Roasterie Cafe in Brookside - KCMO. (Thank you to Paul Dorrell.) 





The last is from ... the seduction section ...
Christopher Elbow creates edible art treasures in chocolate.

My artwork will be here through October. Then it's an art fair appearance October 14th in Mission. November/December will be the H&R Block Center.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: