Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Making time for delight

Know yourself and no matter how fragile or tiny the spark, you will see the light in that which you call other.  - The Nightlights

Had a chance to shift the routine for a few days (vacation) to visit Mom at the lake. She has a nightlight near the entrance that usually greets me at some point during my stay, as happens elsewhere. This is special because it represents home territory. And the actions, given the energy of each location, sometimes vary.

Soon after we entered, the light began to blink. I was out of the room when Mom told Andy it doesn't do that for anyone else. He lives with it, and me for that matter, daily. He knows.

What is it that allow this wonderful little miracle for me and somehow doesn't engage others in the same way? Imagine a kid discovering fireflies, sparklers, or even snow for the first time. For me, that euphoric feeling of wonder in connection to the nightlight energy has never stopped.

No matter what else happens in my little corner of reality, this dance with energy is my ultimate (the only one I need) "real" proof that we are not alone. That it happens to be visual is delightful.

It demonstrates to me, beyond what anyone else can say, that those who care for us and about us have ways of making their presence known. If we honor that and respond in a way that simply allows the engagement to blossom and grow, it does. We evolve to become more and what I experience lives on through that knowing, wherever I/we/it/they/all/one may go.

So, what if I am questioned? What do I do when asked if I KNOW what it all means? I simply reply that I don't know. It has come to me that this is not a thing that concerns knowing, rather, this exercise requires developing beyond knowing to trusting all-that-is cannot be seen.

I learn through this relationship with non-material others to develop intuitive insight and to make more use of my heart. And so we grow.

From the beginning, I have been told we are also light. My nightlights offer a reflection and an invitation to step into the unknown to discover more. One breath at a time, we become lighter.

Knowing is not part of that. This lesson is about letting go of the "known" in this plane of existence so that we might be able to learn to TRUST something we don't know is here to fill in the blanks to offer a window to a greater whole.

In my dream, I address the questioning mind of my logic based self - represented as a Psychologist. 

[Sitting at a table directly across from a woman has come to confront me, dressed in a tailored suit, she seats herself with the air of authority of one who is confident of their superior status. The clothes I wear require little attention. They are neat and clean. Relaxed, I give her a welcoming smile to encourage her next action. There is nothing for me to hide or protect. I respect her position but I also have an earned status, unconventional though it may seem. 

I am simply who I am. She sat down as I was speaking about metaphysical topics of a more common nature. I paused to include her.

Others in the room act as observers. I don't see faces as much as I feel their presence. She dives in to deliver what turns out to be a condescending analysis and a challenge that shows she has given a great deal of thought to her position and written me, and all such events of my experience, off as the product of fantasy.

I return her gaze and address my response to respect her opinion and yet convey - no matter what her books and her schooling have provided in way of education - transcendent experiences often lead one in another direction. I prefer to view it as getting out of book being and into life being.

I then divulge my own first hand account without heated emotion or protest. What I say is sincere and I know it to be true for me. She will determine her own truth and what that means to her.

I tell her what I had not yet revealed because there had been no need. My truth is that I am an intuitive. I can and DO work with ghosts. I have helped others clean spaces of discordant energy and experienced paranormal events out of ordinary time that convince me humans are not the top life form on the chain of conscious awareness. Furthermore, in our huge lack of awareness, we go so far as to underestimate every single life-form we encounter.  

My nightlights are an amazing, unquantifiable part of my reality. Whether anyone else accepts that or proves it to be real for them is up to them. I have done my homework and my math. This is an event that requires others to do their own processing. We create (and co-create) that which resonates closest to our heart. As a safety, there is a learning curve. Believe it and/or not.

Frozen in mid-thought, she stands for a moment and holds eye contact then drops her gaze and backs away. I see her fear, not of me, but of her lack of certainty or faith in her own viewpoint.

She is out of her area of expertise and cannot even formulate a question to further the conversation. Then again, she had not come to learn or share a conversation. She came to assess and dismiss me in a conventional manner with discourse, science and logic.

I am not what she expected and though it might appear as if she is discounting me, I understand she is too confounded to pursue a discourse. Rather than be upstaged or humiliated, she is choosing to retreat. I nod and remain silent so that others will judge as they will and she may save face. I never lost mine.  

I state what I have integrated, as it is not an assessment or guesstimate. Without doubt, my reality has been earned. I am an experiencer. Until she has been there, in her own way, she can't relate to or counter that. For now, she can dismiss it. That is her lesson.]

The educated me and the wise me do have one thing in common. We challenge the known to keep the door open to possibility. What are the nightlights saying?

I am light.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: