Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dots in the Matrix ...

Even my questions have questions.

11/20/12 - Half awake, I heard a sharp bark. So loud it made me open my eyes to see what it was about. Jack (the dog) didn't budge. His breath remained steady and calm as he dozed at my side. Gracie (other dog) was in the dining room. Andy was sound asleep. No one but me appeared to have heard the noise. The sound puzzled me. Was it a bark? If not a bark, what had I heard. I drifted back to sleep.

Again, half awake, I heard a different sound. This time, it was a very brief chirp of a cricket, almost like it had been cut off before the second note. Now, let me offer that there are no crickets in the house and it is cold enough outside they have stopped their nightly serenading.

Curiosity roused, the two sounds didn't make sense. The cricket chirp was odder still because it was incomplete. I knew there must be a connection, something I needed to pay attention to. What that something was? I gave up and began my day.

Jack and Gracie at the Lake
Sometime when I write, Gracie lets me know we have unseen company. She prefers to stay outside while the "visitor(s)" is present.

Today was one of those days. She comes in after I finish writing the blog about her hiding in the bathtub when she feels uncomfortable - another option to avoid unseen agitators.

Interrupted by a call informing me of some necessary work on a heater, the phrase used: "There are no coincidences." 

Later in the day, rather than an answer in regard to the odd morning wake up noises, I got a clue.

Walking a familiar route, the sound of a dog barking caught my attention. It isn't a place noted for barking dogs. I tried to see the type of dog but my view was blocked so I kept walking. Stepping past a cricket on the sidewalk, I said "Hello, Mr. Cricket" and then caught myself. I have never seen a cricket in this area. What had just happened?

I had been given an intentional redirect.

Distracted by the dog and then the appearance of a cricket, I changed my routine and went a different route. In connecting the dots, I realized it wasn't about the noises. It was about a trigger pattern that effectively changed my behavior in a way I might never have noticed if my usual mode was one of tuning out the world and navigating in auto-pilot. Or would I?

The end result was that my actions changed. What was I supposed to see? Or what was I supposed to avoid? I don't have the answers. However, I have no doubt that there was a reason. And the incident gave me a reminder. We have no idea what is really going on here. What an amazing thing to connect the dots and know that isn't what it is about.

For me, this event is about creating mystery. Mystery creates a question. The question is why? Why was it necessary to change my behavior or make me aware that I deviated as a result of an odd combination of sounds that my mind registered in a way that made me pause long enough to take an unplanned detour.

I have to laugh. It isn't the answers that make life interesting. It is the questions. I can't even begin to address all the questions this event brings to mind. So I will think about it for awhile and see what new view this path shows.  

Tonight, once again, the porch light burns out. There are no coincidences.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: