Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Monday, March 10, 2014

Traveling light in Kansas ...

 Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them-that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. ~ Lao Tzu

We arranged time out for a short trip to Colorado. I take the nightlight whenever I travel simply because this little miracle of mine is still a source of endless fascination. I can't express the connection I feel for it in words. I love the visual display and the energetic presence. Or could it be that I am simply easily entertained?

No. I can't say that I am but I can say it is a bit more than I know how to explain. My life changed when this engagement started and reality isn't anything like I once believed. The nightlight is my connection with source. It is my beautiful reminder - there is always more going on beyond our awareness and to engage that element that one must remain on alert for nuance.

The trip was planned and unplanned. We selected the vacation date in November and then it was changed for us - to fit a work schedule that hadn't been part of the original scenario. Reworking the dates, we went along, knowing it was all being done to assist us and the timing was perfect.

Working with the change rather than trying to counter it led to each action flowing without intervention or block. The day I had to replace a social security card just before the trip, I hit every green light on the way to the location. I didn't realize it at first, then I noticed and wondered at the process. After awhile, it was just fun to be in that river of flow. When I finally did connect with a red light on the return trip home, I acknowledged that as a signal and time to shift my return course. I allowed that adjustment and the rest of the journey followed suit. Smooth sailing.

The event we were able to attend after returning home was also a right place, right time kind of thing. Everything played out in such a way that the earlier chosen dates would not have synced.  

We are in constant connection with source and those who guide us. We can choose to honor or ignore that wisdom. It can sometimes be frustrating when we have an agenda, a bias or a desire for a specific outcome within a certain time frame. However, when the events are met with understanding and appreciation for a higher good that is always in constant play, so much more is possible.

The trip brought new awareness and happy results. Some of that result is still playing out.

In the last minute trip packing scurrying, when I almost forgot to take the nightlight, I got an unseen prod and remembered. The remembering was triggered by the sense that I should take one (more) "final" walk through the house to ensure the essentials were all packed. Traveling with the dogs makes it necessary to double check things like food dishes, treats, extra toys, leashes, etc. Then we forget stuff we had intended to take for us!

The nightlight is such a second nature thing with me I was surprised for a moment that I could possibly have overlooked it. The blinking intensified in acknowledgement as I unplugged it and tucked it in my pocket.

When we got to the hotel - paying extra for dogs then less by not booking ahead and getting another discount for that same reason - I plugged in the light to see it do that special blinky thing and realized that my guides let me think I had a say in the matter of planning and scheduling. They knew all along the stops, detours, red lights, green lights and redirects. The trip was set to their timing. One day I may remember that.

As it is, I forget and remember and think it ever-so-cool to be in the company of such amazing companions.

So much is going on here that it is simply overwhelming to try and take it all in. I have to stop and let it go where it wants - trusting I am where I need to be when my presence is needed.

Life rolls forward, one continuous lesson in learning with flickering and blinking little reminders that help me become more comfortable in stepping back from the illusion of control or taking it all so serious.

The bonus in that is enjoying even more
the moment of awe that comes in the reveal.

The nature of change is change, yet change is the one thing we seem programed to resist. And that resistance is exactly what is required for growth. In learning to let go of our resistance ... we adapt and flow ... change without the splat.

Throughout the trip, I kept getting a loud message of going home. "You are going home. Returning home. Home." And, prior to that, I had messages and dreams about relocation. Jumping to the conclusion that it was related to present activity rather than an overview or a perceptual state, I wondered if we would be moving to Colorado and contemplated the cities I might like best for that.

We returned from the trip and discovered certain events had transpired and - indeed, we are moving - returning to a place I have called home before. We aren't going to Colorado. The home will require a relocation but it is still in Kansas.

And there it is .. a circle/cycle in life .. leaving, coming back, setting out and returning, again and again. And yet, this time I bring a new element to the equation. I have added more learning from my adventure and now I will  know something extra when I return to my old/new/temporary manifest nest: home is in me. I AM home.

Dorothy never left Kansas. She woke herself up and found a world of Ahhhs in her heart.

No comments: