Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Monday, December 8, 2014

What reality? Worlds Collide.

“Those with less curiosity or ambition just mumble that God works in mysterious ways. I intend to catch him in the act.” - Damien Echols, Life After Death

They sat down at our table, four women on a holiday outing. After a bit, it became clear there would be no connection with them. Pleasantries were exchanged but soon the commentary devolved into derogatory remarks and catty asides about haunted places (due to the location) and ghosts.

They were a quizzical group so I let the snide aspect ride and offered some of what I knew of the local history and mentioned ghost sightings noted for having been encountered by several individuals on more than one occasion.

Having weathered many a skeptic, I kept to the basics. Eyes narrowed, polite giggles ensued. I was told remarks exchanged after I left the table addressed the sanity issue and whether one was in worse shape for simply believing ghosts could be real or believing one had actually experienced a ghost. (The remarks were not directed at me.)

People don't believe in ghosts until they experience one. If and when they do, the attitude shifts. I don't worry about proving anything to anyone. When the opportunity arises, they will prove it to themselves. Visiting a town noted for an abundance of ghosts, one has a decent chance of having a mind-opening encounter. 

Questioned about my tendency to avoid social hangouts and group gatherings, I just say I don't do well in crowds. While it is true that the energy can be overwhelming and/or draining, I really don't want to try to explain, once again, that I am not alone nor do I feel alone or lonely.

My companions are the natural elements, animals and the beings who choose to whom they will reveal themselves. There is so much to be discovered in that state that the last place I wish to spend my free time is listening to the snarks, twitters and flutterings of shuttered minds. However, it does serve as a reminder, the importance of sharing our ghost stories to erase the stigma.

As often happens after a visit to a highly active location, known to be haunted or the site of unusual energetic phenomena there were notable anomalies in our home space.

On the return trip home, two sets of street lights twinkled and blinked in an extreme display of interactivity. The action was so overt that we both noticed and started discussing how the lights are not wired in such a way that they would be connected.

When I walked into the house, I walked directly in front of a motion sensor with no impact, yet the light was perfectly operational. It happens when the energies are active.

Sometime in the middle of the night, Andy was awakened to the sweet smell of perfume - none had been sprayed. I slept through it.

My encounter happened in the morning. I had just begun to awaken and was wondering what kind of bird I had been calling out to in my dream.

It was fluttering about in the air above me as I made some kind of weird, but fully intentional cooing sounds. The bird responded by flying in smaller circles and I knew the call was working. I awoke... ...still in the middle of the call.

Then I heard it. Her voice reminded me of Aunt Em from the Wizard of Oz. Just one word. "Hello, oh?" she said, with a lilt and an inquisitive manner. The volume was about the same as it would be if someone were speaking in an adjacent room but through a tube or tunnel and slightly muffled.

It hit me when I realized I was awake that this voice was real but not in my realm.
I was hearing the voice of a ghost. I had no idea at that moment who she was... I do have an idea after thinking more about it. 

Changing the vibration and shifting gears. One can deny everything but, eventually, reality seeps through. There are worse things than seeing, hearing or experiencing ghosts.

Right now that worse element is a big wall of denial.

Reality is a thing one must forge for himself. Illumination dawns without need of or bias from the social circle chorus or judgement from close minded others who simply refuse to see. And one day, reality will reflect that inner knowing. 

Those who dare engage direct wisdom in light, find truth is self-revealed. Believing is seeing.

No comments: