Shows are daily at 9 pm central time

Conscious Living with Wendy Garrett is produced by Empower Radio and featured on empoweradio, iheart, itunes, stitcher and various independent youtube channels. Programs cover a wide range of Mind-Body-Spirit/Alternative Awareness/PSI topics, including: Consciousness, UFO, Metaphysics, Paranormal and Energy Medicine.

Ongoing personal experiences with extraordinary and unexplained seen/unseen phenomena underscore my belief in a world abundant with wonders we haven't yet begun to fathom.

Experiencers, via their unique encounters, give us glimpses and clues to what potentials creation has yet to reveal when we are willing to listen to the call of the muse and curious enough to table our fear and explore the unknown inner and outer limits of being.

And the answers are there, teasing us in quirks, quarks and fantastic anomalies.

My proof
- and that is the whole point of this reality thing being very personal and unique to the individual experiencer - the light beside me goes off for a moment and then comes on again as I am composing this introduction, underscoring the "quirk" factor and the representation of the ever-present, unseen support in this adventure.

Thank you for your interest and for listening. I hope you enjoy the shows! - wendy ... and the nightlights ;)

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Subtle in presence .. reality shifts are easy to miss

A belief in Miracles comes in handy when you need one. One less thing to deny.

Reality shifts are a bit like that but - most likely - they are simply a part of normal awareness (expanded) that we have yet to consciously engage.

Earth Day this year will be memorable. Not for the reason I would have intended. I had an interview on the drought issue (Thirsty Land) as my top focus to mark the day and was excited about that then this experience blew it off the front burner ... steeling the scene and hijacking my brain, a quantum redirect, entirely out of left field.

As I walked by my cat Chloe on my way down the hall, I saw her perched on the living room chair, facing fully toward me and making eye contact. She's a calico with beautiful green eyes. In that glance it struck me as such a beautiful pose - a Kodak moment - giving me a twinge of regret, knowing it would be pointless to try and capture the image because she would move the minute I tried to get a camera.

Thoughts on composition flashed by. I loved the way her collar stood out. The thin, lime green line was a lovely contrast to the bright white fur of her neck. The little pink heart in the middle was stationed like an asterisk. This happened in mere seconds.

I had that image and wished the camera had been handy but it was another one of those moments, impossible to capture, that simply fades into the mists of memory. Except, this time, it didn't.

You see, she followed me into the bathroom and meowed for me to fill up her food dish. I looked down and admired her beautiful calico fur as I stooped to pet her and then it hit me:

Chloe doesn't wear a collar. Hates them. Wriggles and squirms like a magician, free of any I try to force upon her.

In that moment so many thoughts flew through my mind. What, who, why, how, holy cow - or something like that ...???  Snapped into high gear thinking frenzy, I ran to tell Andy, all the while, mentally agog, thrilled, astonished and completely flustered. Really? What had I just seen?

How could I have simply assumed Chloe wore a collar when she doesn't? That is a thing I am supposed to know and remember and register. Am I not? And yet, I would have completely missed that glaring billboard anomaly if she hadn't come to seek me out immediately after the encounter. What else do I miss in my ongoing daily routine because the quirks are too subtle and require a second glance that I simply am unable to arrange or complete?

Answers? There are many. Questions? There are more.

Earth Day reminder: Reality shifts. Rather like the image that greeted me awhile back on the bathroom mirror after several interesting paranormal incidents. There is more going on here than meets the eye or that one can fathom in a linear context. And there are endless carrots to inspire the curious to wonder.

Here's to knowing more. Thank you, Chloe.


The visitor in residence. January 2014.

No comments: